Friday, July 09, 2010

Catching my swing in the pastry shop


I have been working around the bake/pastry shop for a little over two months now so I have compiled some specials and been able to play a bit with some techniques. I feel really good about the desserts that follow, some may seem a bit out there but remember I am a cook before a patissier so at the end of the day I think like a cook. Maybe an obsessive compulsive cook with unreasonable standards, but a cook none the less..."

Rose and Almond Meringue
raspberries, mulberry jam, black berries and sugared rose


Chocolate "Deco-dense"
meyer lemon syrup and meyer lemon ice cream

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie
pistachio puree and candied pistachios
Vanilla Cheesecake
candied vanilla bean, macerated strawberries and lemon verbena

Valrhona Chocolate Soup
ginger and hazelnut macaron, lemon ice cream and lemon confiture

Boston Cream Pie

Vanilla Semi-Freddo
soft berry core, toasted meringue

Indian Pudding Souffle

Let me know what you think, I guess I have to note that I miss cooking , After having cooked for fifteen years as a professional its difficult to get used to all things being sweet in one form or another. That being said, I think its awesome that I am getting the chance to develop skills that I have never had the opportunity to work on, interesting times, never a dull moment in the life of a cook.

1 comment:

  1. looks like you have picked it up without any hesitation.. keep it up..

    ReplyDelete