Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rounding third

These cakes represent the last of my large cakes from the season, large projects and definitely a large number of firsts.

The Chrysler building and the construction site,  The cake ended up standing 42 inches tall and was a mix of cake, fondant, pastillage and royal icing.  I airbrushed, hand painted and frosted, Point of interest.... 29 # of frosting were used in the construction of this piece.


The wedding cake for a 300 person event, much to my surprise this cake made it through the entire wedding without falling over,4.3 Ft is a touch to high for comfort, albeit cool, the sway in the top layers when people walked by was unnerving.


Simple is truly the most striking and difficult to execute.

So that's it for cakes for the time being.  I am pleased to say I can check off the box next cakes for competency.

No comments:

Post a Comment